The Association is a non-stock and non-profit corporation. The Treasurer shall hold the official tax-exempt documents and direct financial activity to ensure the Association is in alignment with the parameters of the status. The parameters of the non-profit work of the Association includes:
- No part of the net earnings of the Association shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to, its directors, officers, or other private person, except that the Association shall be authorized or empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions to further the objective set forth in Article III of the Articles of Incorporation.
- No substantial part of the Association's activities shall be invested in carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation.
- The Association shall not participate in, or intervene in, any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- Notwithstanding any of the provisions in the Articles of Incorporation, the Association shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on:
- By a corporation exempt from federal income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or corresponding provisions of any future U.S. internal revenue law) or
- By a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under section 170 (c) (2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or corresponding provisions of any future U.S. internal revenue law).