Distinguished Service Award
The Distinguished Service Award is to recognize superior achievements in family and consumer sciences, outstanding contributions to the family and consumer sciences profession, and sustained association leadership.
Plaque sponsored by the KAFCS Foundation
- Is a current member of AAFCS and has been a member continuously for 20 years or more.
- Is actively employed in a family and consumer sciences-related profession; or a family and
consumer sciences professional in home and community; or retired.
- Has shown evidence of professional contributions to strengthening families.
- Has made significant contributions to KAFCS.
- Has a record that reflects sustained active support and commitment to KAFCS and the
family and consumer sciences profession.
- General Application Form for KAFCS Awards.
- A letter of Intent and nomination containing:
- Listing of KAFCS activities of the nominee and
- Statements of significant professional accomplishments of the nominee.
- Three letters of support.
- Up-to-date, comprehensive vitae/resume.
- Sixty-word abstract identifying the nominee's major and unique qualifications for the award.